The year 2011 propelled our leadership in sales, construction, technology, green initiatives and customer satisfaction. It was a year of big awards, great launches and exciting completions. Read on for the year in review and a look to 2012.
- High-rise Green Builder of the Year — Awarding our innovation and leadership in environmentally friendly building, this was our fourth win in the past five years in the category.
- Sales Managers of the Year: Winnie Chan and Winson Chan for Old Mill
- Best website (High-rise buildings) Condo.ca
- Lifetime Achievement Award to the DelZotto Brothers — The award has been “80 years and 70,000 units in the making” said BILD Chair Paul Golini Jr.
ScotiaBank EcoLiving finalist – Awards recognizing businesses dedicated to improving home energy efficiency.
Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) Chapter Recognition Award to Jamie James, Tridel’s Environmental Consultant, – Jamie helped develop Green Loans that minimize green building cost barriers, resulting in LEED® certification becoming standard practice at Tridel. He also co-founded TowerLabs@MaRS, which works to make green building technology mainstream.
Communities Successfully Launched this Year
Aristo at Avonshire 1 & 2 (Yonge & 401)
Two Old Mill (Bloor Street West and Old Mill Drive)
Argento (Don Mills & York Mills)
Avani at Metrogate (Kennedy & 401)
Alto at Atria (Sheppard east of 404)
2011 Construction Starts
West Village (Etobicoke Civic Centre)
Ventus 2 (Kennedy & 401)
One Old Mill (Bloor West Village)
Blythwood at Huntington (Bayview & Lawrence)
Completions of other projects
North Toronto Collegiate Institute — Tridel built a new school for NTCI, beside the Republic condos, that is environmentally friendly, energy efficient and merges the old with the new. The school has a new playing field and oval track as well as beautiful public art installations.
Ronald McDonald House — Tridel’s construction management company, Deltera, helped build this beautiful new 100,000 square foot “home away from home” for families with sick children. It’s the largest Ronald McDonald house in the world, accommodating 81 families and it is already making a tremendous impact on the lives of it guests.
Tridel in the Media
Reve EcoSuite –Tridel fashioned a penthouse suite at Reve with the latest and greatest in environmentally friendly design elements, finishes and furniture and incredible smart Cisco technology that automates every feature of the home. The suite was featured in a GreenBuild Expo tour and a big unveiling party was held, attended by traditional media and bloggers.
Ten York — A proposed 75-story building, Tridel’s highest so far, and the first partnership with Build Toronto, the City’s real estate and development corporation, made Ten York hot news. The project was discussed in all the major newspapers, including the Toronto Star, National Post, and Globe and Mail, and broadcast, such as CBC, Global, and CityNews.
Move into a Tridel condo now. These communities are built and registered and have a limited number of suites available:
- Reve (Front & Portland) Two bedroom with den in a downtown location
- James Cooper Mansion (Bloor & Sherbourne)
- Renaissance (Yonge & Major Mackenzie) Penthouse and Signature suites
- Avonshire Townhomes (Yonge & 401) -only two remain
- Avonshire (Yonge & 401) – two bedroom suites available
- Solaris at Metrogate (Kennedy & 401)
A look towards 2012
Parkside at Atria launches January - Sheppard Avenue east of Hwy 404.