Long weekends are the best. They’re a chance to have a bit more time to relax and unwind than a usual weekend — a little vacation of sorts. They’re also a great time to get some things on the “to do” list done. Some people are lucky enough to get away this weekend but here are some great ways to spend this civic holiday in the city:
- Visit a Tridel presentation centre! All are open from 12 to 6pm from Saturday to Monday, with the exception of Renaissance (by appointment only).
- Visit Toronto Islands – beaches, sports, restaurants, amusement park and those fun quadricycles.
- Watch the Olympics – want a big screen experience? Check out Real Sports Bar in downtown Toronto. The highlight is the TV screen that’s two stories high and 459 square feet (bigger than some condos!). If your favourite sport isn’t on, there are 199 other screens to watch.
- Have a backyard camping vacation – check out this great article in this week’s edition of The Grid.
- Cool off and have a cheap pool party at one of the city’s outdoor pools.
- Formerly Caribana, the now Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival has its grand parade this Saturday. With the heat and the Caribbean music, you may even feel like you’re someplace tropical.