Reports To: Senior Scheduler, Estimating
Job Classification: Full Time Permanent
Regular Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of Role
This role will be assisting on a wide range of project planning and scheduling processes working directly with the Senior Scheduler. This role is responsible for full scheduling services within its portfolio of work which requires a high degree of cross departmental collaboration.
- Gathering and interpreting project schedule data from both internal and external sources throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Perform project progress updates and revisions in Primavera P6.
- Review the completion dates for project milestones for projects or major portions of projects. Provide feedback on delays and variances from baseline.
- Assign new project baselines and monitor variance from multiple baselines.
- Review the total integration of the project schedule activities and provide feedback.
- Assist the monitoring, reviewing, and analysis of the schedule and status during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions. Analyse schedules, while forecasting and trending completion target dates to ensure project plans are achievable. Reports deviations accordingly.
- Assure that all Schedules developed follow the Standard Project Coding Systems and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Activity Coding System, and Activity ID numbering System
- Prepare Lookahead schedules throughout the project life cycle and verify that schedules are properly updated.
- Work closely with the Project teams to align project schedules with baseline schedule for all activities, identify trends and schedule impacts.
- Monitor and report critical path and schedule performance of projects. Assist with project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule.
- Develop or assist in developing proposal schedules in detail and high level.
- Review and analyze comparisons of schedule data between the projects.
- Perform productivity analysis of construction operations.
- Provide timely, informed, and up-to-date project schedule information including trends and forecasts as well as progress, schedule and planning input to the weekly, Bi-weekly and monthly project reports.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Assistant Planner/Scheduler. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.