Purpose of the Role
The bookkeeper’s role requires in-depth bookkeeping and accounts payable experience. The role will consist of maintaining a series of standard accounting, bookkeeping and accounts payable records for construction projects.
- Reconciles sub-ledgers against the General Ledger on a monthly basis
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations
- Prepares monthly HST supporting schedules for remittance and enter information into the HST module
- Prepares and enters bank deposits
- Prepares monthly billings
- Accounts Receivable
- Reconciles and records sales journals
- Prepares various accounting summaries and reports
- Assists the project accountants with external audits of financial statements by providing related documents, entering general journals, providing various summaries and reports
- Periodically performs other functions and special projects as assigned by manager and accountants
- Various accounts payable responsibilities:
- Match invoices to purchase orders and ensure proper cost code allocation
- Data entry of vendor invoices and other Accounts Payable duties
- Ensure all invoices are approved by department leads prior to processing
- Process cheque requests as required and payments daily
- Prepare monthly Accounts Payable cheque run
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar bookkeeping role
- Completion of diploma or post- secondary education in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Attention to detail with an analytical aptitude with thorough problem solving ability
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with rigid deadlines
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize as needed
- Customer focused
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience working within the construction industry an asset
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject Bookkeeper. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.