Reports To: Site Superintendent
Job classification: Full Time
Our story is about much more than what we build. We have been a leader in condominium living business for over 80 years where our founders redefined the meaning of “home”. While we’re passionate about building condos, we are a reflection of the diverse city of Toronto.
We have hundreds of unique roles, a family of brands and endless opportunities where creative, innovative people aspire to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
Our Assistant Superintendents report to our Site Superintendents and are an integral part of our day to day site operations. We have an outstanding record for developing industry leading professionals who work in site supervision and project management.
Skills and Expertise:
- 2 year college diploma
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a construction related position
- Knowledge of the construction industry and company operations, including building materials
- Ability to lead trades and evaluate performance
- Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
- Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules
- Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast resources for optimum efficiency
- Understanding of the project schedule’s critical path
- Ability to manage others and many facets of the construction project and assume responsibility
- Knowledge of safety principles/procedures/legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.) and other internal operational systems
If you were to come onboard as our next Assistant Superintendent, we would ask you to do the following:
- Ensure enforcement of the Ontario Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
- Implementation and review of all safety as it pertains to reporting, plan development, orientation, monitoring of hazards, investigations and recording;
- Assist in the review and development of site strategy as it pertains to access, public protection, material deliveries, concrete staging, hoist and crane location and other related requirements;
- Review of site utilities for the purpose of site planning and execution of work;
- Review reports and documents including Soils Investigation, Site Services, Shoring, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Interior Design and Landscape drawings;
- Assist in the review and execution of all awarded contract scopes of work;
- Assist in the coordination of all site activities in order to meet schedule timelines;
- Participate in all company related Safety Certifications and Safety meetings, as required;
- Assignment and monitoring of duties to the Site Coordinator and labour force, as required;
- Participate in all site sub-trade meetings;
- Liaise with Consultants on various design and implementation related matters;
- Assist in arranging various material purchases;
- Schedule and conduct site reviews as required by the Building Department, Project Consultants, 3rd Party Consultants and other authorities having jurisdiction or as directed by the Site Superintendent;
- Assist in the development and monitoring of an RFI Log and the review and processing of any related Site Instructions;
- Perform daily site activity reviews for the purpose of Production and Quality Control;
- Maintain good relations with the Public, Clients and City Officials.
Meet Our Next Assistant Superintendent
As an Assistant Superintendent you will be working on a construction site. You will be adaptable and resilient to changing environments with an ability to manage the unexpected. Your will be focused, results-driven and have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with everyone, both internally and externally. Your will be an ambassador of our Company’s safety culture as this will be an area of primary focus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.