Reports To: Vice President of Construction
Job classification: Full Time
Our story is about much more than what we build. We have been a leader in condominium living business for over 80 years where our founders redefined the meaning of “home”. While we’re passionate about building condos, we are a reflection of the diverse city of Toronto.
We have hundreds of unique roles, a family of brands and endless opportunities where creative, innovative people aspire to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
Skills and Expertise:
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of construction supervision experience required
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Architectural Science or Engineering is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license, is legally entitled to drive in Canada, and must have access to a vehicle to travel to and from jobsites
- Must be able to read and thoroughly understand architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Monitor and enforce WSIB compliance
- Must have current knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health & Safety regulations and legislations
If you were to come onboard as our next Site Supervisor, we would ask you to do the following:
- Site review and development of site strategy plan as it pertains to access, public protection, material deliveries, concrete staging, hoist and crane location, site offices and other related requirements
- Review site utilities, both existing and proposed, for the purpose of site planning and for execution of work
- Review of all reports and documents including Soils Investigation, Site Services, and Shoring, Structural, Architectural, M & E, Interior Design and Landscape drawings
- Review and execution of all awarded contract scopes of work
- Coordinate all site activities in order to meet schedule time lines
- Enforcement of the OHSA and Regulations O.Reg. 213/91
- Continually maintaining good relations with the Public, Clients, City Officials and neighbours alike
- Participate in all company related Safety Certifications and Safety meetings as required.
- Assignment and monitoring of duties to the Assistant Superintendent, Site Coordinator and labour force as required
- Establishing and conducting of site Contractor meetings
- Attending Consultant meetings and liaising with all Consultants as required
- Facilitate solutions with Consultants to remedy site conditions and co-ordination problems
- Schedule and conduct site reviews as required by the Building Department, Project Consultants, 3rd party testing Consultants and other authorities having jurisdiction
- General review and monitoring of Project Budget Reports
- Monthly review and authorization of Contractors billing draw requests
- Development and monitoring of an RFI Log and the review and processing of any related Site Instructions as needed
Meet Our Next Site Superintendent
They are natural born leaders. They have a keen sense of detail and organization which they use to perform daily site activities. As a Site Superintendent supervisor they are responsible for all contractors, suppliers and internal labour forces. Their primary area of focus include assessing production and maintain quality control.
Our next Site Superintendent takes safety very seriously. As safety is one of our core values, our Site Superintendent acts as a safety ambassador to all workers on site. They understand the importance of safety and implement all safety related responsibilities as it pertains to reporting, site specific safety plan development, monitoring of hazards, investigations, training, recording and other safety related duties as may be required.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.