Department: Customer Care
Reports To: Director, Customer Care
Working closely with Project Management, Construction, Sales and Property Management in fulfilling the common goal of creating customers for life, the Customer Care Representative is responsible for caring for the needs of the Purchasers throughout the different phases of their new home buying experience.
- Home Orientation Preparation
Working with Project Team Members in preparing and assembling the Home Care Handbook, Assist the Administrator with office set up and entering, tracking & booking appointments with Purchasers for Home Orientations according to departmental policy. Prepare required documentation to be provided to purchasers during the Orientation, including TARION forms and utilities information. Conduct Quality Control inspection at 48 – 72 hours prior to HOO appointment. Prepare the suite for HOO with required labels; paint kit and Rogers package. Assist PDI Specialists in reviewing parking and lockers for any obstructions and update management team. Confirm the suite readiness prior to HOO.
- Home Orientations
Meeting and greeting all visitors to the Customer Care Office ensuring that all are appropriately screened for the Customer Care Representatives. Similarly, appropriate phone administration will ensure that the Customer Care Representatives can focus on Customer appointments and preparations. All above is conducted in a manner consistent with the professionalism and demeanor associated with positive the best practices of customer service.
- Home Orientation Preparation
Conduct Home Orientation with Purchaser in accordance with departmental policy. Providing a complete and comprehensive orientation of the suites mechanical functions, explaining operations, and warranty periods and care requirements. Record any request Purchasers may have in regards to the finishing of their suite. Enter the requested items into the Deficiency System, assign trades accordingly and notify construction. Provide weekly report to team members on progress or issues that arise. Review the completion of items reported at the time of HOO to Tridel standards. Conduct suite closing check prior to the interim closing and file the report. Discuss site issues; achievements and milestones at bi-weekly meetings with Construction; Project Management and Property Management.
- Post Occupancy Care
Asses Post Occupancy Requests made by Purchasers. Enter requests into the Deficiency System and report to Construction. Coordinate 24 hours POST items with Construction and handyman. Conduct Post occupancy calls and keep the purchasers updated with the progress of any outstanding and/or hot items. Conduct inventory suite inspection and follow up with Construction regarding their completion. Follow up with TARION suite completion on time. Conduct maintenance and warranty reviews.
- Outstanding customer service skills, focusing on anticipating the needs of customers and proactivity addressing issues, before they become concerns.
- Outgoing personality, with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Strong knowledge of the construction process (high-rise experience preferred)
- High level of detail orientation required
- Able to exercises initiative and function reliability
- Continuously demonstrates personal integrity though out all daily activities
- Intelligent and able to learn, with the ability to exercise common sense and good judgment
- Open minded, resourceful, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually
- Strives for quality and continuous improvement
- Comfort with adapting to a wide range of computer / mobile technologies, and demonstrated proficiency with current windows based computers and the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Post-secondary education specific to the role is preferred, but not mandatory; we recognize experience in lieu of education.
- A willingness to participate and be included in social media / web promotion of the organization; this will include voice, digital, photographic, video and other representations of the teammate at any and all workplace events and activities. Where an avatar is required, teammates must use a professional photographic image of themselves.
In order to respond to Customer demands and preferences, the Customer Care Representative will have to be flexible with hours of operation in accommodating the needs of the customers which may require working centrally and/or on-site at any community where our Company has an interest (with the expectation of moving from site to site with minimal notice). This flexibility would extend to irregular workdays and irregular or extended hours as outlined, but not limited to, the most common schedules per below.
Job Classification Full time – 1 Year Contract
Regular Hours/Workdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or 11a.m. – 7 p.m. Weekdays
Irregular Hours/Workdays 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.;
Evenings and Weekends as required
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.