Department: Development Planning
Reporting to: Development Planning Manager
Job Classification: Full Time Permanent
Regular Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)*
Possess a valid Class “G” Ontario driver license and access to a vehicle is required for this role
*Evenings and weekends as required
Purpose of Role
The Development Planning Coordinator and will be responsible for coordination and assisting the Development Planning Team with preparing all development applications, building permits, meeting minutes, coordination with consulting team members on projects and assisting with interdepartmental communication and the facilitation of processing development projects to fruition.
The Development Coordinator will work primarily from Head Office and will focus on the coordination required to facilitate the preparation and completion of development projects. The secondary focus of this role will consist of Land Use Planning research, collecting property data information and municipal Planning/Building Department reports and approvals. The Development Coordinator will collect and prepare the information in consultation with the Assistant Development Manager in an orderly, logical format to brief and/or discuss with the Development Planning Team.
- Assist and coordinate development application materials and submissions;
- Coordinate the preparation and facilitate the issuance of building permits;
- Assist the Development Planning team with the filing, submitting and obtaining of approval for: Right-of-Way, Encroachment, Road Closure, Tower Crane, and Water Discharge (Permits) to facilitate construction site activities;
- Facilitate and provide assistance to the Development Planning team and Project Management teams as required;
- Work under the guidance of the Development Manager and Assistant Development Manager to facilitate the processing and management of application submissions and maintain project schedules;
- Conducts site visits and preliminary site analysis as required;
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management;
- Attend community meetings and industry events.
Skills & Expertise
- Post-Secondary education from accredited school with a background in Civil Technology, Architectural technology, or Urban Planning
- 1-3 years of experience in municipal planning, land development, land use consulting firm, or any other related land use developments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Municipal Planning Policies and the Planning Act
- Ability to review and analyze site plans, surveys, architectural & landscape plans
- Knowledge of the planning process and planning theory
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills
- Can work as part of a team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Effective written communications
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Development Planning Coordinator. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.