At Tridel, we are committed to market leadership, being environmentally best-in-class as well as early adopters of emerging sustainability practices. Our Director of Innovation and Sustainability (the “Director”) plays a key role in developing and executing strategies focused on enhancing and improving our approaches to construction, product design and sustainable development.
You will be reporting directly to the Chair of Deltera’s Innovation Group and the SVP of Project Management and the Innovation and Sustainability Assistant Manager reports directly to you.
The Director is responsible for ensuring that short and long-term functional plans are developed by working with our Innovation Group. You are then responsible leading the execution of those plans to produce tangible results.
It is our Director’s top priority to oversee and manage our sustainable development practices within Deltera. This means you are continuously researching, recommending and preparing technical briefs on emerging technologies and product design options. The Director is monitoring and assessing quality of output from all innovation and sustainability projects and programs across the organization.
You are also responsible for identifying emerging trends, researching and analysing new approaches as well as representing the organization in industry related associations. Lastly, the Director also pursues options for funding our research projects and submits documentation necessary for achieving certification in such programs as LEED.
To be successful, you have a proven ability to influence, motivate and consensus build with others, as well as an analytical and process-oriented mindset. You have expertise in creating business cases to support implementation of new technologies, products and/or methodologies as well as strong organizational skills including planning, project management and reporting. In addition, you have strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present effectively to groups with various backgrounds and interests. You value continuous learning and are at a minimum LEED certified.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in a product innovation and/or sustainability function within an organization;
- Strong mechanical engineering experience required;
- Proven track record in leading innovation and sustainability programs in the development industry;
- Extensive knowledge of sustainability practices (Energy, BioDiversity), environmental assessment methods (must be LEED certified) and related government legislative requirements;
- Proven expertise with building performance and construction practices;
- Ability to link market / brand requirements to innovation and sustainability efforts;
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, motivate and focus a team and to develop individuals;
- Proven budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting; and
- Strong organizational skills including planning, program development and execution.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Director, Innovation & Sustainability. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.