Department: Brand Experience
Reporting to: Senior Vice President, Brand Experience & Senior Manager, Talent Development
Job Classification: Full Time Permanent
Meet our next Employment Specialist
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Brand Experience, and the Senior Manager of Talent Development, our next Employment Specialist manages the fulfillment of the employment, training and education terms agreed upon with Tridel’s partners, such as Toronto Community Housing (TCHC), Waterfront Toronto and future projects.
The primary purpose of this role will be to case manage all the candidate referrals to effectively assess and identify the appropriate pre-employment, education and employment opportunities leading ultimately to long term sustainable employment of, at a minimum, the target placement goals mandated by Deltera’s contractual obligations.
This role works collaboratively with the Corporate Social Responsibility, Community Relations and BOLT Foundation teams to develop relationships and programs with industry and trade partners to procure opportunities that benefit residents of communities undergoing revitalization or from other communities.
The role is also responsible for forming relationships within TCHC, government agencies, internal groups as well as with residents/clients in the supported communities to achieve the target outcomes.
If this sounds like a role you are interested in and would like to apply, we would ask you to possess the following skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education preferred in Social Work, Human Resources or Community Development;
- Knowledge of the construction industry and hiring practices, preferred;
- At least 5 years of direct experience in employment services, placement, employment/career coaching and group facilitation, ideally in community environment
- Experience with youth, women’s services, internationally educated professionals, newcomers, ESL job seekers, and/or people with disabilities
- Strong organizational skills including planning, execution and case management
- Strong communication skills and relationship skills, and proven stakeholder management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to present effectively to groups with various backgrounds and interests
If you were to come onboard as our next Employment Specialist, the following would be your responsibilities:
Manage the fulfillment of employment, training and education obligations outlined in partner agreements by:
- Partner with the CSR & Community Relations Manager and BOLT to develop community outreach programs that targets students, parents, residents, agencies and organizations to build a pipeline of potential residents/clients for placement over the duration of the contract obligation;
- Effectively manage and administer candidate referrals from community outreach programs in alignment with the standards of service of the Tridel customer experience ;
- Interviewing and assessing resident/clients, for placement in employment or training programs;
- Providing information on education, training and other requirements including union participation on career options to residents/clients; and
- Working with all internal and external stakeholders, with special focus on members of the Tridel Group of Companies, to identify employment and training opportunities that benefit residents/clients of TCHC and other partner or Deltera communities.
Develops and maintains partnerships to secure employment, training and mentoring opportunities by:
- Support the CSR & Community Relations Manager in building relationships with identified agencies and government resources and programs to provide supports necessary for fulfilling partnership agreements, such as wrap-around services and referral services to other organizations;
- Build and maintain relationships with trades, corporations, unions and other potential sources of employment opportunities to understand fully employment requirements and facilitate successful placements;
- Partnering with education, trade and other organizations to deliver training and educational programs based on resident/client needs and industry requirements;
- Understanding changing needs and identifying labour shortages within the construction industry and other areas of interest of residents; and
- Supporting the Executive Director of BOLT in negotiations with union representatives to create positive outcomes for BOLT youth entering the construction industry.
Ensures the effectiveness of Employment Program delivery by:
- Conducting regular follow up with clients, employers and referral agencies which includes the creation of tracking and reporting systems for all deliverables as outlined in partner agreements;
- Assessing program results and presenting recommendations for improvement to meet targets;
- Developing tools, resources, and materials to support the effectiveness of the program with all stakeholders and its efficient execution;
- Collaborating with Tridel and Deltera leadership to develop meaningful and realistic proposals to procure new contracts; and
- Monitoring and presenting program performance metrics including those outlined in partner agreements, reporting progress to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Employment Specialist. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.