Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Pricing & Drawing Control, the Pricing Consultant is responsible for producing consistent and accurate pricing related to In-Suite Finishing Program costs, including standard design packages and upgrades based on established margin strategy and market practices. In addition, the role works closely with Design Consultants to assess custom requests, prepare pricing for custom changes, and reconcile invoicing. The Pricing Consultant also contributes to delivering exceptional customer experiences and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
This role reports to the Manager, Pricing & Drawing Control.
- Supports effective and timely pricing of all in-suite aspects including standard design packages and customer upgrade requests by:
- Adhering to standardized pricing model to ensure consistency from project to project;
- Providing consistent and accurate pricing in a timely manner for custom changes;
- Providing support on Platinum files to Design Consultants in client meetings as needed;
- Responding quickly and accurately to custom pricing requests (upgrades);
- Requesting quotes from trades and tracking all quotes to refer to when reconciling actual invoices upon completion of work;
- Securing customer sign-off on customized work plans;
- Providing custom drawing details and verifying product specifications as well as drawings.
- Assists in the compliance of final product with quality standards, customer expectations, and design guidelines by:
- Checking the accuracy of all Project drawings including mechanical, architectural, electrical, and furniture, as well as Personal Selections (PSA) drawings;
- Reviewing plans at drawing stage to ensure compliance with guidelines;
- Reviewing contracts to ensure required content complies with design guidelines and quality standards;
- Overseeing on-site follow up, walk thru review of work completed against expectations and standards;
- Coordinating with Project Management to ensure follow through and accountability for execution based on finishing guidelines and standards defined;
- Monitoring and tracking compliance and quality gaps, generating reports and working with Design Services Program Specialist as well as Manager, QC to develop solutions to resolve.