Reports To: Chief Estimator
Job Classification: Full time, Permanent
Regular Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of Role
This role focuses on gaining expertise by assisting and working under the guidance of experienced Estimators and Procurement Specialist within the department. This role is responsible for preparing quantity take-offs for projects and assisting more experienced Estimators with direct cost reports. This role also assists with proposal preparation, tender management, and the performance of technical assessments to facilitate analysis functions.
This role reports directly to the Chief Estimator and supports estimating efforts across the department.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of tender documents;
- Track administration and completion of tender documents;
- Assist with the administration of preferred bidders list;
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of monthly budgets and cost control reports;
- Communicate with site staff to acquire necessary information for monthly reporting;
- Gather data and accurately document information for cost estimates and proposals;
- Assist with the preparation of accurate quantity takeoffs for Deltera and Tridel Developments throughout the various stages of drawing development & construction;
- Maintain an accurate database for quantities, documents and files; and
- Other duties as required.
Required Expertise & Capabilities
- Post-secondary education in Estimating, Project Management, Construction or related programs;
- Experience in an Estimating co-op role or equivalent volunteer experience;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize and plan with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to take direction and follow policies and procedures;
- Organizational skills and the ability to adjust to frequently changing work assignments in a fast paced, complex environment;
- Orientation towards continuous improvement and creative problem solving;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and on-screen takeoff software.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Procurement Coordinator. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.