Department: Asset Management Accounting
Reporting to: Director, Asset Management Accounting
Job Classification: Full Time Permanent
Regular Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday to Friday
Our Bookkeeper is responsible for several components of our real estate bookkeeping. Time management and ability to work in a fast-placed environment is where they thrive. Our Real Estate Bookkeeper’s main priority is to process real estate closings and invoices, while maintaining the sales management budget. In any given day, they will balance communicating with numerous teams to ensure that closings and invoices are processed accurately, and any questions are answered.
If this sounds like a role you are interested in and would like to apply, we would ask you to possess the following skills and experience:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a real estate bookkeeping;
- Strong verbal communication skills with an ability to listen well to others;
- Impeccable attention to detail with an analytical aptitude and thorough problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with rigid deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset;
- Experience with Lonewolf;
- Experience in Microsoft Office [Word, Excel and Outlook].
If you were to come onboard as our next Bookkeeper, the following would be your responsibilities:
- Process accounts receivable invoices monthly and quarterly;
- Process accounts payable invoices;
- Maintain sales management budget;
- Preparing reports for management;
- Budget variance analysis;
- Bank reconciliations and month end balancing;
- HST reporting; and
- Reporting of donations, sponsorships.
Real Estate Bookkeeping (Resales and Commission Trust):
- Deposit deposits within TREB and REBBA timeframes;
- Review purchase and sale agreements for interest clause and create paperwork for term deposit purchase;
- Record sale in real estate software, create commission invoice;
- Process closings within TREB and REBBA timeframes;
- Record broker co-operating agreements and commission invoices in new sales broker commission system;
- Reconciliation of payments received from law firms; and
- Answer queries from internal sales staff.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Real Estate Bookkeeper. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.