Reports To: Chief Estimator
Job Classification: Full time, Contract (24 Months)
Regular Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Purpose of Role
The Senior Estimator is responsible for analyzing costs and preparing estimates for various projects and providing technical support to the project management teams. This role also contributes to the completion of estimates and proposals for projects while identifying risks, opportunities and strategies to win bids. This role also provides a high degree of mentorship and technical expertise within the Estimating team.
This role reports directly to the Chief Estimator and works closely with our Project Management and Construction Site teams.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally on construction schedules, quantity takeoffs, construction budgeting and tender analysis;
- Review the analysis of project design options during project development;
- Review the estimating assumptions for quantity takeoffs and provide insight and feedback;
- Analyze data to create accurate quantity takeoffs (for division three and eight) for Deltera and Tridel Developments throughout the various stages of drawing development;
- Prepare and reconcile cost consultant cost estimates
- Review, monitor and track concrete and rebar material placed on all current construction sites;
- Prepare accurate estimates for the cost of concrete and rebar material at all stages of drawing development as well as create monthly reporting packages;
- Review and validate quantities completed by the Estimating department;
- Maintain a database of project efficiencies and comparable;
- Create an accurate budget for site staff and office management as well as preliminary divisional construction and update regularly;
- Create accurate component and site-specific cost estimates;
- Prepare change order pricing estimates and analysis;
- Provide project management with the preparation of construction management plan for project management; and
- Ensure accuracy of database for quantity, cost control, documents and files.
- Prepare tenders for bulk materials such as concrete, rebar, appliances and plumbing fixtures by collaborating cross-departmentally;
- Work closely with the Procurement Specialist to provide guidance in the qualification process;
- Create recommendations for tenders; and
- Assist in the decision-making process for tenders.
Required Expertise & Capabilities
- Post-secondary education in Estimating, Construction or related programs;
- 5 – 9 years’ experience as an Estimator within the Construction industry;
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and plan with a high attention to detail;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to adjust to frequently changing work assignments in a fast paced, complex environment;
- Orientation towards continuous improvement and creative problem solving;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and on-screen takeoff software
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Senior Estimator. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.