Department: Customer Care
Reports To: Manager, Quality Assurance and Warranty, Customer Care
Job Classification: Full Time Permanent
Additional Information: Personal Vehicle and tools required
Regular Shift: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Weekdays
Irregular Hours/Workdays: Evenings and Weekends as required
Purpose of Role
The Service Technician will report to the Senior Customer Care Representative and work closely with the C3 Team and Management to complete our client’s requests. The Service Technician is responsible for completing work orders/service calls, working with clients, Property Management and trades, and supporting the C3 team.
The Service Technician is responsible for general troubleshooting/diagnosis and repairs, including drywall repair, minor fixture & millwork repair, painting, caulking, minor flooring, grouting and minor plumbing.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Perform hands-on broad range of repairs in a timely, professional, and safe manner
- Communicate proficiently and professionally with the Supervisor, Co-workers, Clients and trades
- Review work orders and execute required tasks accordingly
- Document service notes, material & trade requirements and provide status updates for all work orders as applicable to the C3 team
- Accurately complete repairs and submit completed work orders
- Practice safe and professional driving habits when traveling in company or personal vehicles
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed on a daily basis
Skills & Expertise
- Demonstrated handyman experience completing repairs
- Strong customer-service orientation and demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting ability and technical inclination towards a diversity of challenges
- Highly capable to apply appropriate and effective hands-on solutions
- Strong time management skills, being extremely detailed oriented and a team player
- Flexible and able to react/adapt to changes in anticipated daily plan or task
- Ability to work independently and as member of a larger service technician team
- Ability to relate well with others and foster a positive team environment
- Willingness and ability to learn through training and through skills-sharing with colleagues
- Exceed our customer’s expectations as a representative of the company, service oriented, including being presentable and well groomed
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Daily travel between various client locations may be required
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Service Technician. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tridel does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.