Nestled between the shops and restaurants of two of Toronto’s most prestigious and historic neighbourhoods – The Kingsway on Bloor and Bloor West Village – and mere minutes from the Bloor subway line, Two Old Mill joins it’s neighbour, One Old Mill, in achieving LEED® Gold certification.
LEED® certified buildings are built in a sustainable way, put less pressure on landfills, support local industry, function more efficiently, are healthier to live in and last longer.
Some of the features that contributed to Two Old Mill achieving a LEED® Gold rating:
- In-suite energy recovery ventilators (ERV) that recover energy to reduce heating and cooling costs
- High-efficiency mechanical heating and cooling equipment
- low flow plumbing fixtures (including faucets, showers and toilets) in all suites and common areas, resulting in 47% reduction in potable water use
- High efficiency lighting systems and controls such as occupancy sensor lighting in amenity and parking garages
- Energy star high efficiency appliances for fridges, washers and dryers
- water efficient irrigation system, utilizing collected rainwater to reduce potable water use by 50%
- Proximity to transit, restaurants, parks, medical facilities, etc.
- bicycle storage throughout the underground parking garage for residents and staff, and at-grade for retail customers
- 12 electric vehicle charging stations available to building occupants
- Low VOC paints, adhesives, and sealants for better air quality with enhanced air filtration for ventilation throughout the building
- individual meters for water, heating, cooling and electricity: easily allows residents to monitor their own energy use
- 86% of construction waste was diverted from landfills through recycling concrete, wood, steel, metal, drywall, cardboard/paper and plastic
- construction materials contain more than 21% recycled content with more than 29% locally sourced materials
- on-site use of renewable energy through rooftop solar thermal panels for heating domestic hot water (DHW)
Congratulations to the Two Old Mill community!
Find out more about Tridel’s Built Green. Built for Life and Corporate Social Responsibility commitment.