As an industry leader in sustainable building design, we are proud to share that 101 Erskine at Yonge and Eglinton has been awarded LEED®-Gold Certification!
Located in midtown Toronto, 101 Erskine is steps away from Yonge and Eglinton. The lively community offers its residents prestigious amenities, seamless access to transit and a vibrant mecca of world class dining, shopping and leisure spaces.
The certification reaffirms Tridel commitment to make sustainability an ongoing practice that fosters environmentally responsible, energy-efficient, and healthy communities to live in. Such commitment becomes evident by receiving LEED®-Gold Certification at 101 Erskine, but also by our continued efforts toward new innovations in energy efficient technologies and environmental initiatives.
What makes 101 Erskine a LEED®-Gold certified community?
The 32-storey located just steps away from the energy of midtown Yonge and Eglinton was designated LEED®-Gold for its environmentally friendly features, including:
- Over 31% of construction materials (by cost) that were manufactured/sourced locally.
- A 35% energy cost savings over the Model National Energy Code due to high performance glazing, spandrel glass, wall and roof insulation, and other innovative heating and cooling systems.
- 11 Electrical Vehicle (EV) charging stations.
- Over 90% construction waste diversion, including 6,528 metric tonnes of waste that was recycled and diverted from landfill.
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures which contribute to using approximately 53% less water than a similar conventional building. This is equivalent to over 38 million litres of water saved annually or 15 Olympic sized swimming pools!
What is LEED®?
LEED® is a worldwide certification program, developed by the Canada Green Building Council, to designate green buildings. It stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, and sets out four levels of certification: certified, silver, gold, and platinum. Buildings are evaluated on a point system, up to 100 possible base points in categories such as water efficiency, materials and resources, and innovation in design. The Platinum designation reflects a score of at least 62 points.
However, rather than just a point system, LEED® provides a sustainability framework for design, construction, operations, and maintenance of new and existing communities.
Upcoming Tridel Condos
At Tridel, we understand that where you live is as important as how you live. Guided by our Core Values of Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Family Values and Safety, we are renowned as an industry leader in creating and developing condominium homes. We are committed to delivering an experience that exceeds our customer’s expectations throughout the home buying journey, beginning with your search for a Tridel condo.